THE REALITY:Bus, MAX & WES
- Weekly trips were 1,903,650, down 1 percent
- Weekday trips were 318,300, down 1 percent
- Weekend trips were 312,100, down 0.7 percent
- THE PROPAGANDA:Bus
- Weekly bus trips were 1,145,900, down 4.5 percent
- Weekday bus trips were 194,700, down 4.4 percent
- Weekend bus trips were 172,400, down 5 percent
- Weekly MAX trips were 750,850, up 4.8 percent
- Weekday MAX trips were 122,200, up 4.7 percent
- Weekend MAX trips were 139,700, up 5.2 percent
MAX Green Line
- Weekday trips averaged 21,500, up 18.8 percent
- Weekend trips averaged 23,400, up 13.6 percent
- Weekly WES trips totaled 6,900, up 12.2 percent
- Weekday/rush hour trips were 1,380, up 12.2 percent
This is a masterful depiction of propaganda!
You have to respect it for that quality.
What the layman sees is
bus service is really not what is needed in Portland, everybody loves the rails!