Trimess

Friday, February 18, 2011

MY COMMUNITY ASSET

Let me show you it.

Here's a bus stop I had the fun experience of waiting at yesterday, which is pretty typical for a west side bus stop, though this one I have to give props to for having the stop ID# posted since many stops do not. My options of where to stand were the bike lane, muddy grass, or a leaf-filled ditch. Not knowing how deep the ditch was I opted for the muddy grass. When my 20+ year old bus showed up, I had the pleasure of climbing into it from street level, which if you've never done before on one of those old buses, its a fairly steep step. Sucks for people who have difficulty with steps!
So I guess since the bond measure failed which was supposed to fix stuff like this, any kind of stop improvement is now totally off the priority list, especially when there's a rail line to Milwaukie to build?

2 comments:

Al M said...

Go by rail!

Erik H. said...

Yeah, because you MUST build fully improved train stops to attract ridership...but bus stops should have to prove ridership before even so much as a sidewalk is built.