Trimess

Friday, March 11, 2011

CHRIS DAY RESPONDS TO JON HUNT

Brother Hunt,
            I am in receipt of some emails that have informed me of an email you sent them. It states:
Brother Day,

If the people who signed their names don’t agree with your charges against Sister Fox why did they sign their names? Did you not show them the charges? What were they signing their names for if not to express their opinion that the charges have enough validity that they should be aired in a meeting, in public?  Are you saying Sister Fox has no right to know who is accusing her? That is such a basic tenant of justice that I cannot understand your position. Nothing in the constitution says that people can be brought up on charges on the basis of secret signatures. And yes, you can’t control where that information goes once the charges are published. Neither can I. As you noted, only four other signatures besides your signature are necessary. If anyone is uncomfortable with having their name associated with these allegations then they need to remove their name. I suggest you talk to folks and reduce your list to four besides yourself. You still have time to do this. Again, let me know your decision.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  states “OK, then you can remove my name if you only need 4.”

            I am unclear of your intentions of sending this communication to members. Currently I perceive this as a form of intimidation to get members to withdraw their names from the filing. To assure members that they are welcome to sign or withdraw their signatures I have posted your email message on my blog site. This will allow members to free come forward to who they feel comfortable with and perform the action they feel best. I do want to assure the Chris Wubbenhorst name is withdrawn from any and all filings I have submitted.

            Learning of your actions I am checking with members that request to remain named on the filing and advising them to be prepared for more retaliation. If they do not feel comfortable with keeping their names on the filing I will request their names to be removed. I will be addressing your questions that you posed and will have some for you as well. For now I want to make it clear to you that as long as I have the allotted number of signatures for this to move forward, I want it to move forward. If there is any changes on my filing I am to be advised immediately and given the opportunity to make sure the filing stays intact.


No comments: