Trimess

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Not giving up on Harry yet

In fairness to Harry Saporta, he did just get here so it's not quite fair the expect him to make any sort of changes right out of the starting gate.
However this is our opportunity as bus operators to see that some changes are made around here, we need to utilize him! I got another response from him today:

Al,
I will be meeting with Ken Zatarain to review and understand his response in detail. I will get back to you.
Harry

To which I responded:
Harry,

I genuinely think this policy needs to be changed.
Take for an example that when an operator picks up his bus at the garage, policy is that 10 minutes are allowed to get the bus going and set up before departing on a given route.

I do not feel that allowing 5 minutes to perform a road relief is something that should be trivialized.

"Making up time" somewhere else in the route is defective thinking and needs to change.

When that BDS clock starts showing minutes late, all bus drivers start speeding up, its our conditioning.
It should be obvious that "speeding up" will increase chances of accident.

I did a rant on this subject, perhaps you would be interested in hearing it.
I do have a public blog which covers various topics one of which are my experiences at Trimet, you most likely have never heard of it.

If there is anything in there that offends you I apologize in advance, I am just thinking out loud, but the topic of road reliefs is something very important to me:


http://rantingsofatrimetbusdriver.blogspot.com/2011/04/rantings-of-bus-driver-april-6.html

No comments: