Trimess

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Another TriMet Story

That’s right, there are no extra buses to handle the overflow crowds attending our much ballyhooed Major League Soccer games. And because the blue and green line MAX trains were full, my husband/son ended up hopping the yellow line to Kaiser on Interstate, where I picked them up in the car.
After all that,  I was glad to see that for once the latest “best transit rankings” story did not put Portland in the top ten and that this article analyzing yet another set of rankings showed Portland actually had a lower transit share than Seattle, despite Portland’s greater investment in light rail.  This comes as no surprise to me, as I grew up on the bus in Seattle, way before taking mass transit became all the rage.  It was that convenient. I now have family spread throughout the city, all of whom are within minutes of several bus lines.

http://www.portlandurbanista.com/?p=3217 

No comments: