Trimess

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Harry Saporta responds to my video

Thanks Al.  I did speak to the Training and the Schedules Departments, and did observe a few road reliefs myself.  Of the observations that I made, the operators appeared to be relaxed and not hurried in making the adjustments to their seats and mirrors.  In one instance, the operator being relieved spoke of problems encounter along the route that day to the relief operator. I also did not observe any excessive speeds.  I will admit that I did not speak to any of the relief operators as they were driving in service.  I will be adding your concern to the Bus Transportation Safety Committee agenda for discussion.  I will also take a look at your blog.
Harry
 --------------------
MY ANSWER TO HARRY
--------------------
Harry,
It's a matter of policy!
Jumping in a bus and having to drive immediately down the road is BAD policy!
We are professionals here and we do it because we are professionals.
I haven't had any crashes as a result of these road reliefs.
I saw your board presentation and you were clearly illustrating that we need to be PROACTIVE about this sort of thing.
Why wait for an accident before you fix it!

Thanks

No comments: