Trimess

Monday, May 23, 2011

STILL WAITING FOR ATU 757 RESPONSE-2nd post

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
Mahatma Gandhi quotes (Indian Philosopher, internationally esteemed for his doctrine of nonviolent protest, 1869-1948)

Going on two weeks now and the union still has not responded to Chris Day's request for copies of already published monthly reports.

One has to wonder why the delay? Why the procrastination? Why the disregard? 

I have been going over some of this information with Mr Day and will confirm there are some questions that sorely need answering! 

4 comments:

khris alexander said...

the financial secretary is out of town

Al M said...

Out of town?
Another caucus?
Sheeesh!

Chris Day said...

Black Caucus was 5/19/11 to 5/23/11 and then the Womens Caucus 6/1/11 to 6/5/11

Chris Day said...

Some basic findings;
In five months of reports I have located errors in four of the five months. That means only one of the past five months report matched and there was no errors. I figure that there are 22.16% errors in the past five months of reports. The total dollar figure of these errors is $165,668.75 (at least what I can figure). Mind you that I am not an accountant and I am only using the figures that have been reported to the membership from our officers. I compared the monthly reports to the year to date reports and have found these errors in trying to match up the two. I still have to research the information and at this point my hands are tied until I get the information requested.
I have gone over these numbers a number of times and I keep getting the same answers so at this point I feel it is safe to say something is wrong and they numbers are not matching each other like they should. I am working on examples to demonstrate this.