Trimess

Saturday, May 7, 2011

UNDER ATTACK

I have been getting tons of flack about my "defending" Chris Parker.

First of all, I am not defending the actions of Chris, if indeed they are proved to be criminal then he should receive the appropriate punishment.
I am defending his right to a fair trial which he is not getting.

He has been arrested, humiliated, tortured, and treated as if he kidnapped someone with the intent to rape and the police just caught him in time before that happened!
That is the picture the media is projecting in this case.

This is not the true picture, its a intentional distortion of the actual case.
I happen to know BOTH of the people involved with this case and it is a lot more complex than EVIL BUS DRIVER MANIPULATING YOUNG TENDER CHILD!

As is always the case, especially when it involves a TRIMET bus driver, this has turned into a media circus, and this is what I object to.

To watch Chris Parker in chains, wearing a flack jacket, is a gross miscarriage of justice.

This man is no threat to society and I am 100% sure he would not run off to kidnap and rape the "victim" if he were still free.

I am the lone voice, even if obscure, standing for some semblance of justice in this case.

I'm sorry if that offends people, but I have to stand for what I believe is right, and the treatment of Chris Parker is not right or just.

“Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.”

Eleanor Roosevelt quotes (American United Nations Diplomat, Humanitarian and First Lady (1933-45), wife of Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd US president. 1884-1962)

No comments: