Trimess

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

GAIL E. LOWY, Wilsonville

As The Oregonian reported May 28, TriMet has shelved the $46,000 warning system it purchased from ProTran1 because it either overactivated or underactivated and could not be properly calibrated. Because the agency purchased the units outright, TriMet says, they cannot be returned. Spokeswoman Mary Fetsch says, one can only assume with tongue firmly planted in cheek, that "if there are other transit agencies that would like to try it, we'd be happy to help them out."

I guarantee you, if I had purchased an expensive piece of equipment that malfunctioned or otherwise did not work properly, I would go, receipt in hand, right back to the business where I purchased it and ask for a refund. And I would get it. Is there a reason TriMet can't (or won't) do the same? It seems to me a simple matter of consumer satisfaction.

No comments: