Trimess

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Car is a Luxury, Transit is a Need

Not all Metro Drivers make the top scale, or make $60k a year. I am a Part Time operator, got this job after 16 months of unemployment a little over a year ago. I make $19.93/hour for my first 2 years. My regular shift has ranged in the last year from 2.5 hours to 3.35 hours per DAY! I am able to scrounge for extra work, and I get some here and there. Like over 1000 of my co-workers, I am on track to make around $20,000 this year (many will make less, very few will make more). According to all of you, this apparently calls for a wage reduction, because I am living the high life in my room I rent.

Punkrawker Blogs On!

2 comments:

Steve Fung said...

That was well written.Thanks Chad.

punkrawker4783 said...

Thanks Steve. Its sickening, so many people can't think outside their SOVs (thats Single Occupant Vehicle, or when appropriate, Selfish Occupant Vehicle) and think about other people and how they get thru their everyday lives. They seem to think no transit would have no effect on their luxury SUV in traffic and at their destination.