Trimess

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

ISSUES SURROUNDING THE ATU CONSTITUTION

I don't bother with Ellen's blog because its nothing more than a place for her to attack people, mainly me of course. But it was just brought to my attention via Ellen Fox Watch Blog that she is now accusing me of violating the same section of the ATU contract that she was accused of violating.

It's freaking hilarious! It's ok for her to disclose private union business (signatories of a preferring of charges) but its not OK for me to disclose private union business (ATU reports to all members).

I disclose the reports because there are 1000+ union members who NEVER go to the meetings, they deserve to know what is going on at the organization that they are paying their hard earned money into.

And because the money we pay to the union is actually the TAX PAYERS MONEY, the public has a right to know what's going on also.

I think our union should be held to the exact same standards that we hold TRIMET.

Now that Ellen found out she was protected after disclosing union business, I expect the exact same treatment from our union officers.

11 comments:

Jeff Welch said...

How in the world did my name make the "top 3"? Haven't published on my own blog since April, and EF posts were long deleted at that point.

punkrawker4783 said...

Al, stop posting her crap on your blog, its giving her the attention she craves. Its Drama.

Jeff Welch said...

THAT's what I think I meant to say before. You did it much better.

Al M said...

Ya I know guys but she does sorta make life a little interesting.

This recent shit got to do with the union more than Ellen.

Personally I couldn't care less about her but she can post confidential union business but apparently I cannot.

That's relevant.

punkrawker4783 said...

Well, use a less mainstream blog is my suggestion, your blog as popular as it is gives her that "Headline" touch.

Jeff Welch said...

Not relevant. "Either you are with us or against us." - George W. Bush

If the union is doing wrong, then the concept of "solidarity" is only a tip of the hat to secrecy as a control mechanism.

-J

Al M said...

Having no union would be worse than having a disfunctional union.

Jeff Welch said...

The union is already dysfunctional. Your going along with a hypocritical edict conrtibutes to that - isn't that the point you're trying to make?

Al M said...

Leaving the union or fighting with the union is not going to improve our working conditions, that much is for sure.

Jeff Welch said...

Rolling over, bending down and kissing the ass of incompetent leaders who screw you over in the name of "solidarity" won't either, dude.

Jeff Welch said...

And FYI "fighting with the union" - as a member or represented non-member - is part of the democratic process. Those people work for YOU - not the other way around.