I am hoping most of you have seen the five year plan I’ve set out for our agency. We have quite a few challenges ahead. Knowing that, I have realigned the most important resource we have – our people – to better tackle some sizeable goals.
Today, I am announcing the remaining large realignments. While I still might make some slight tweaks along the way, I feel this new structure will help us better focus on our three priorities: customers, fiscal stability and building partnerships for transit support.
These changes have either gone into effect or will go into effect on October 17:
1. New division named Public Affairs that includes:
- Government Affairs
- Planning & Policy Development
- Communications (Media Relations & Internal Communication)
- Marketing & Customer Service (including GIS)
2. Creation of new Fare Revenue Department to be housed in the Finance & Administration Division
- TriMet Ticket Office will be moved to this department
3. Information Technology (IT) will now report to me.
We are almost close to naming the new Executive Director for a newly created Labor Relations and Human Resources division. Look for more information to come regarding that announcement.
As always, thanks to all of you for your support and commitment. Although I believe this organizational structure better positions us to focus on the work ahead, it’s going to take us all working together – to be successful.