Trimess

Friday, November 11, 2011

LATEST RUMOR OF HOW TRIMET IS GOING TO "GET ME"



The latest thing that has been brought to my attention is that Trimet can 'get me' me for receiving 'stolen property'.

Obviously I found that laughable but for those of you that believe that this is actually in the works I submit to you:

ORS 164.095¹
Theft by receiving

(1) A person commits theft by receiving if the person receives, retains, conceals or disposes of property of another knowing or having good reason to know that the property was the subject of theft.

4 comments:

Al M said...

As far as I know there has been no police report filed in this matter.
In my meeting with the manager there was never the word "theft" brought up.

It's more "leaked".

Somebody who had legal access to the video "leaked" it, which is not the same as stealing it.

In any event, the original file was still there I would imagine, somebody must have made a flash driver copy. Since when is that theft?

Steve Fung said...

You look so sad.Is that your passport photo?

Al M said...

Ya but it might as well be my mugshot huh?

Erik H. said...

Since when is taking public information theft?

Pretty much anything TriMet generates is public information, except for personnel/human resources matters (which Mary Fetsch didn't seem to have a problem advertising you with, isn't that a violation?) and pending contractual/real estate issues.