Trimess

Monday, November 14, 2011

Members approve my request for arbitration

Apparently my request to arbitrate the dispute with the company about my listening and posting over the air wave dispatch communications on my own time has been approved by the members, at least so far.

It seemed like a no brainier to me.

Why would any union member vote against curbing the reach of your employer to include your house and your off time?

However, I was informed that I was admonished because my "activities" are not "helping" the so called "union cause". (whatever that is supposed to be)

I'm not sure what these union officials are getting at but why in the world would I hold my union to a lesser standard than I would hold my employer?

I wouldn't actually, I would hold them both to the highest standards of ethical behavior possible.

Both my employer and my union are the recipient of tax payer funds, they both have a responsibility to the public as well as the members.

Sorry but my union does not get a free pass on ethics just because they are my union.

I am pro union, just anti union corruption.

No comments: