Trimess

Friday, December 9, 2011

TRIMET targeting my associates?

An operator that I know pretty well is convinced that his association with me and any appearance he has on my web site leads to direct retaliation from the company.
He comes to this conclusion due to his two recent appearances and then the next day SIP's appear in his company mail.
Cause and effect?
After the first incident I considered the guy paranoid, but after the second incident, I am beginning to wonder.
Of course like most operators he is scared of losing his employment, they surely have us all thinking like slaves, you loose this job and its under the Burnside Bridge with ya!
Do people really want to live like that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TriMet is "a municipal corporation of the State of Oregon", with powers to tax, issue bonds, and enact police ordinances and is governed by a seven-member board of directors appointed by the Governor of Oregon.

How does one debrief or dismember a monster?

Then how does two, three or four or even a metropolitan area debrief or dismember the monster?

Anonymous said...

I challenge more folks to comment on this topic because it is in Your backyard, right here, right now.

MAX Redline said...

In my experience, the only course of action is documentation. You take notes. And you take them for a long, long time. Eventually, you have enough to use against them.

In other words, you turn the very tools that management deploys against staff right back against them.

I enjoyed where I worked - until Metro took us over. It wasn't all that bad at first, but as Metro grew over the years, so did their micromanagement. Competence became something that they feared; in reaction to those fears, they created problems.

So I wrote things down. Eventually, I just carried a thumb-drive: I downloaded their emails to it, and added my notes in plain-text. My "manager" was especially problematic; he was clueless and lacked anything approaching my level of experience,yet followed me daily, giving me "directives".

Last year,I filed a complaint of harassment - with documentation, emails, etc. all appended. Two weeks later, he "resigned to pursue other options". There are ways to deal with these things, but they involve thought and patience.

Good luck.