Trimess

Saturday, February 18, 2012

'CRIME TRAIN"

Girl sharpens machete on MAX
Machete on MAX! (sorry about quality)


Passengers on a TriMet MAX train were stunned Saturday afternoon, when a young girl with a machete strapped to her waist got on the train, and started sharpening the blade. Passenger Carl Bain snapped a cellphone picture of the girl, and the machete, about 5:30 Saturday afternoon.
"I got on the MAX at the 42nd Avenue stop, heading towards downtown, and when we got into fareless square, a bunch of street kids got on, " said Bain. " One of them had to wedge in right up close to me because there's a Blazer game going on. Lots of people on it. She decided to take the machete that was hanging from her belt and pull it up to my face and start sharpening it. It was a full-size, I'm going to go jungle-hunting machete, about two and a half feet long."
Bain says the girl was unaware that the machete was getting close to people, including children, on the crowded train. "I was worried. Every time the MAX stopped,she would waver with it. She would point it around by my face, and I actually had to put my hand up to block her from hitting me in the face with it."
The girl and her friends got off at the Skidmore Fountain stop in Old Town. So did Bain. But he put as much distance between him and the machete as possible. "I think next time, I'll just get in my car and drive (downtown)," said Bain. "You can walk through Portland, apparently, with a machete tied to your belt-and hop on a MAX train."
Portland Police and TriMet said what the girl did was illegal. TriMet prohibits any blade longer than three inches on any of its property. Also, no weapon can be carried or displayed in a manner that causes fear or alarm.
Portland Police say this may turn into a criminal investigation. Transit police are looking at surveillance video, to see if they can identify the girl with the machete, or her friends.
Police say anyone who sees a situation like this on public transit should call 911, as soon as it's safe to do so.
Girl with machete on MAX train - Koinlocal6.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That girls been watching too many chucky movies

Al M said...

Ya really...

Anonymous said...

Did they really have to quote me when I said "jungle hunting"? I coulda been happier if they just left it at "He stated the Machete was about 2 and half feet long."

Al M said...

Haha...well....we know what you meant...haha