Trimess

Friday, March 16, 2012

Comment directed at me


babcock March 16, 2012 at 12:08PM

Maybe there should be a rider appreciation day as well? The riders get service cuts, yearly fare increases, and drivers who don't give a damn about their job or the organization they work for. I'd like to thank the drivers who treated my elderly father like dirt. And let's give a round of thanks to "Al", the guy who whines on every media site in town about how terrible his job and employer is.

My response:
 
"And let's give a round of thanks to "Al", the guy who whines on every media site in town about how terrible his job and employer is. "
Should I take a bow?
I never said any of that btw.
I think that TriMet is intentionally harassing the high seniority drivers trying to get us out of there.
I think the managers are never happy with anything we do there, I think that we are just pieces of equipment in the eyes of the management.
I like my job as a bus driver. I've always liked the work.
But the working environment has been poisoned by the endless propaganda war waged against us and our union. As they wage war against us I wage war against them.
It used to be a good working environment, everything has changed.
I don't know who treated your dad like 'dirt" but that would have never happened on one of my buses, or the buses of dozens of drivers that I associate with.
There are bad apples working at Trimet, what can be said about it?
I didn't recruit them, I didn't hire them, I didn't train them.
And I do not recommend this job to anyone now.
They ask to much and give too little.
What other jobs can you think of that kill you , allow the public to abuse you with impunity and even lead to your imprisonment if something goes terribly wrong?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Al,

Don't you remember your first week in training as a mini operator and the training department told you they can get anybody to do your job and that you were replaceable on a moments notice?

Nothings changed, except you and only you have gone cyber first amendment on them, IMO you could do mCfarlane's job better then he does.