Trimess

Saturday, March 3, 2012

LETTERS

Hi Al,
I’m not going to get too detailed but thought you’d be interested to know..
 Trimet has scheduled and asked for public opinion and input through a series of town hall type meetings regarding “proposed” fare increases, one-way fares and elimination of the free rail zone.
This is simply a ploy by management to show fake concern towards the ridership they service. In a recent meeting, the field equipment group (fare techs), was told that as of sept. 1 2012 there definitely WOULD be fare increases AND the new one-way ticket.
The department has since ALREADY begun to take steps necessary for these changes and I can only laugh when I read or hear about how Trimet cares about the public and how they value their opinions.

3 comments:

Erik H. said...

Ahh, just like the process to cancel the 95 route.

At the downtown "Open House" I talked to the service planning gal and let her know that I hadn't forgotten about the 95 route, and that TriMet is not doing what it should about its bad proposal to cut the 12 and 94 service...and I told her that I agree that service in S.W. Portland/Tigard/King City/Tualatin/Sherwood needs to be improved, but it needs to be improved as a self-standing project to improve service (which I have asked for now nearly ten years) - not bungled up with a cost-cutting measure designed strictly to cut service with little to no regard over who is impacted.

punkrawker4783 said...

Now That I think about it, that would explain the ticket printer situation.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I've heard they're going to drop the one-way limitation, but we'll see.