Trimess

Thursday, March 15, 2012

TRANSIT CZAR LAYS OFF SOME NON UNION EMPLOYEES?

It would have been helpful to see WHAT POSITIONS are being whacked.
`````````````````````
What I’m about to say-- isn’t easy.  Yesterday, we completed a round of layoffs as we eliminated eight positions.  With a large budget shortfall, we needed to look at cost reductions and do all we can to maintain service on the street.  When I say “position” – it is really the people in those positions – our co-workers to whom we’re saying good bye.  This is a sad moment for many of us.  Personally, I know each and every one of the people we laid off and it is one of the hardest things I’ve done.  But for our agency to move forward, we must continue to focus on its financial health by realigning our resources.  The layoffs can be unsettling and I want to remind you that there is help available should you need it.  I appreciate everyone taking a moment to reflect on all of this and wish our co-workers well.

3 comments:

Al M said...

I'd fall over if anybody making $100k or more was on that list.

Al M said...

I requested a list of which jobs were getting axed-here is the response:

I have forwarded your request to our legal department as a public records request.

Kelly


Margulies, AlI don't suppose there is any way to find out which positions were eliminated? Al M

Anonymous said...

They are also taking applications for 27 union service worker positions. This is great news.