Trimess

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Interesting

I ran into several managers during this little visit to center street.
It's interesting how much kinship I feel towards them, even though I have had a predominately adversarial relationship with most of them.

I never disliked any of the managers that I have met while working here, individually they are all very nice people.
I'll bet ya Neil himself is actually a very nice person, on an individual level. But he is an executive and he is ruled by that  meme. He is not going to stop till he gets what he wants, that's my bet.


Dealing with the institutional failures is where the system breaks down.
There are institutional problems that transcend the individuals.


I'd be lying if I said there isn't a large part of me that will miss all this, but I know when the time has come to change the channel, and that time is now for me.


I walk away on a high note, knowing that I performed well as a Trimet bus driver for 15 years, never cost the district a dime in claims, hardly used sick time, and was well liked by my passengers.


There are many drivers who make Trimet look good by their individual actions, I consider myself one of them.


The whole public profile thing was something that was never intended, it just happened.


And I enjoyed (and still enjoy) transit blogging which I will continue as long as I am in Portland.

You just wont see shots from inside Trimet any longer, and I will indeed miss that, but I sure have been enjoying listening to the action live and not being the action anymore!


No comments: