Trimess

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Union meeting going on

At this very moment and at the union office tomorrow at 10am.
I'm not going to either event.

I find myself rapidly losing interest  in the politics that surround the lives of operators,I am much more interested in the real life drama.


Going to the union meeting only serves one purpose, to vote for or against various propositions.
I've always had a real problem with the fact the the union is governed only by the people that show up for the meetings, that's about 2% of total union members.
And to make things worse, its all "secret' which is something I am very against, especially since all the money that goes into the union started as tax payer funds.
I just can't support that sort of secrecy around the use of tax funds, its totally against my principles.

Going to the board meetings is another exercise in futility.
You might as well talk to a wall as talk to the board of directors, but at least those meetings are public.

I'm still debating whether I will work just one day or hang around for awhile after the full time starts.

I have my doubts that I will be able to handle the job as full time bus driver here for even a week.
The work is brutal, the lifestyle the pits, the management unforgiving , and the public resentful with ever increasing demands.

Ya I'm gonna miss that paycheck but boy is it great to have my life back, it's priceless actually.
I've always found the idea that you work till you get old bizarre, basically spend your whole life worrying about what happens when you get old.

There are a few old men working here, men in their upper sixties and even early 70's.
What are they thinking?




No comments: