Trimess

Friday, May 18, 2012

Confessions of an ex Trimet bus driver-checking fares

I never checked fares.
Why you may ask?
Because I was witness to too many incorrect transfers being given out to riders.
Incorrect day codes, incorrect times, incorrect zones.
The amount of operator errors is much larger than people think.
As far as the MAX tickets, I could not read them.
It would require me having each passenger stop, hold it close, and have me read it.
 I also  did not see the difference between the passes and the tickets.
They all looked the same.

I really felt that riders get a bad deal from Trimet.
They deal with broken fare machines, incorrect transfers given by operators, and fare boxes that don't count correctly.


Because of all this mess with the Trimet fare system, I only pretended to check the fares.
I was happy to give Trimet riders a break. 

Only in the very beginning of my employment with Trimet did I take the fare system seriously. After a couple of years I learned it was a joke and a rip off for Trimet riders.

No comments: