Trimess

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

LOOK! NOTHING HAS CHANGED FOR TRIMET

The whole deal that I had to suffer surrounding the silly dispatch recordings has culminated in my retirement from Trimet.

 I now have the  ability to act as a normal citizen of this 'free' country.

One of the most surprising experiences of my 15 year career at Trimet was the fact that I actually had to give up my civil rights as a citizen to work there!


Think back, the deal I had with the Bike Portland crowd which morphed over into my workplace would be unheard of in most any other employment setting.

I was conducting a war of wills with various bloggers over there, but I actually was investigated by Trimet as a result of it. Phony complaints were concocted, etc etc.

I had to endure the very familiar 'psychological stress' to goes on in a persons mind when they don't know how these 'investigations' will turn out.

What did that have to do with my job? NOT ONE FREAKING  THING!

Then the management coming after me for actually listening and posting some dispatch calls.

I don't need to go over that again but here I am, all of this is now available to the public on demand,
AND THE WORLD FOR TRIMET DIDN'T END!

In the end, and I used to make this argument with the management, IT'S A VERY SMALL CROWD OF PEOPLE THAT ARE ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN THIS MATERIAL.

To this day I have no idea why the management made such a big deal out of it.

Actually TriMet themselves should be broadcasting this feed, and somebody over there should be monitoring it so riders can have accurate information!

1 comment:

punkrawker4783 said...

You Mean like Translink in Vancouver BC does: http://twitter.com/#!/translink