Trimess

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Operator runs light/MAX -supervisor report


I had received a page earlier about this incident. I received a call from dispatch at approximately 18:00 to make contact with this Operator, do a "Fit Test", submit a report to 9906 and to get information on the incident.

I met with the Operator at S.W. 107th and Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy. at 18:17. I asked the Operator if I could talk to him off the bus and he complied. I asked him if everything was OK, was he feeling OK? I did not smell anything and he didn't slur any words and I felt he was safe to continue. I asked him what happened? The Operator stated that as he was approaching the light it was yellow and he continued through. The Operator stated he did not know how long it had been "Yellow". I explained to him that we "Do not run yellow lights, especially when they are stale. I also emphasized that his actions could of resulted in severe consequences since we interact with the trains in down town. He was sincere in his apology and stated "I will never do that again." My last comment to him was that it is best to error on the side of caution. I instructed the Operator to contact dispatch at the end of his shift and to do a report of the incident.

Report submitted: Sunday, March 25, 2012 21:09

No comments: