Trimess

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Got An Email From DeHamel

I'll summarize it since I'm not sure what the proper credo is on relaying other people's emails (even if they are to me).

In essence, she said she could not meet with me personally, but she 'encouraged' me to attend the board meeting tomorrow where she was making a presentation for "Fund Balance and Contingency" and offered to talk to me about it after the meeting.

I just gave her an honest reply; I told her that I was not sure if I could make it to the board meeting because I was transporting my sister to a day camp and I doubted that TriMet would be able to get me there in time. Isn't that sort of ironic, TriMet?

I'll make it towards the end of the meeting, because hell I'm going to give testimony since Public Forum is open.

~Fin

5 comments:

Al M said...

I knew she wouldn't have the balls to see you.

Cameron Johnson said...

So did I. Yay for speech fuel. I can see it now... Seriously, TriMet, if you want to stop me from fighting, you may want to stop arming me.

Anonymous said...

A presentation on Fund Balance and Contigency...both topics previously vetted and orchestrated at the Finance meeting w/Ms. Sweitzer. In other words--dog & pony show.

I'd ask for record of finances to date in the following areas:

1. Total legal costs (internal and external attorney fees) directly attributed to Contract Arb; all settled ULP/ERBs directly attibuted to ATU Contract and employee terminations/disputes for period of 12/2009 to 8/1/2012.

2. Funding schedule of (actual) deposits for 1/2/2010-1/2/2012 of the Non-Management pension fund.

3. Service restoration schedule from 2009-2012 service cuts using contingency funds and will it require Board Resolution based on dollar amount?

Anonymous said...

Also..ask content questions that count:

1. What is the on-time bus performamce for June-July 2012? What is the agency standard to meet or exceed? Does TriMet meet or exceed the standard consistently?

2. What is the total cost of the program paying operators to come to work?

3. What is the attendance performance by garage or rail base? Does it meet or exceed a set standard?

4. What is the total dollar amount expended in 2011-YTD for WC? What are the three top injuries reported?

5. For the period July 1, 2011 to July 31, 2012, what number of bus trips,routes, or portion of routes were canceled or delayed by more than 30 minutes due to no operator or equipment?

Cameron Johnson said...

Oh lord...

Okay, new post incoming. Thank you, Anonymous! Thank you!