Trimess

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Todays SEEN and HEARD on TRIMESS




I spend too much time on Trimet. Way too much time. 

When did Chris Rock start working for TriMet?  

The 12 is half hour late, so sick of my evenings being robbed by  


Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah! RT : Man passed out near MAX tracks says Trimet is #1

Why did I just see two more outbound 12 buses back to back, just minutes after the high floor?? Three buses in three minutes?? 

Meanwhile flt 1734 running a 12 trip outbound?? I thought all 12s supposed to be low floors. 

could learn a lot from in the customer service department.


This is what passes for graffiti in PDX: a warning note taped to the TriMet map. I love this town.  

Broken down 2100 series bus at Barbur & Bertha stop. Early start to bus delays, but won't alert affected riders by tweet 

Summer seems 2 b the ire of their service. Hang in there. we adhere 2 the schedules, but what is our recourse for this? 

How many SUVs must two Fare Inspectors drive to Barbur TC? Shouldn't they carpool? Or better yet, take the bus? Why SUVs?? 

TWICE this week bus hasnt shown up, thanks for ur inconsistency Now I wait 30 min for the next bus thatll be overcrowded  

Once again has made me late for work. I'm beginning to think this pass money would be better invested in a parking pass downtown. 

You know you're a regular when you want to punch someone for taking 'your seat'.


Actually managed to upgrade my passes before their impending fare hike! *grumble* 

Fuck. This train is late so i might not make my bus. Damn you, . The one day i slept in a little late... 

So im in portland on the ..&this douche driver decides he's going to stop in Starbucks for a coffee?? another 77 goes past. Um, work 

Talented MAX operator this morning. Flawless Shatner-as-Kirk impression using only the throttle.  

Sandy 12 bus that wouldn't show on tracker just flew by 8 min before sked time. Can you tighten sked or wait when so early?


This bus driver's voice sounds exactly like Daffy Duck's voice whenever he calls the stops. I'm trying not to laugh. It's awesome 

It really messes up my day when my bus cruises past my stop several minutes early without stopping. It happens way too often.


And then, on top of that, a car ran in to the back of a trimet bus at the end of my street...  


Oh, so my 33 is "Due", huh? Thanks for that TransitTracker. Must've been a special Invisible bus.


I dreamt last night that a fare inspector didn't like my monthly fare & when I tried to tell him that the TVM was broken, he didn't listen. 

schedules in the middle of the day absolutely suck, and that's by design. Let alone the usual late buses. 

I just got a ticket!!!!.

From Jose the Clown to Leather clad Fruitbat holding a baby doll. Gotta love day time in .


Big thanks to the asshole bus driver who saw me running for the bus (that was way early) but pulled off anyway. Fuck you.  

Since the bell on bus number 2212 isn't working I'm yelling 'ding' anytime someone tries to ring it. TriMet owes me a check. 

Apparently a giant bowl of Batshit Loonie-O's is the cereal of choice for riders during the day.


I love how the words at Hollywood TC read "BJS only" on the asphalt. Instead of bus only:-) 


Two machines out at pioneer square and the third won't take card or cash 

I hope the #16 bus to St Johns doesn't disappear as often when it has to also carry passengers from discontinued #17 line. 

You shld see this grown ass coward in a mans body trying to fighnt me on  

design for Willow Creek makes NOOOO sense... 

Blatant racism by fair inspectors on the MAX 

When the bus I rode to work with my mom on as a baby is the same one I am taking to and from college, it’s time to buy new buses. 

The BEST EMPLOYEES are the dedicated Merlo Garage operators! Hi Merlo!!! @ 

Hey - I'd like to know why a guy was allowed on the #4 with a dog without an actual leash, and definitely not in carrier. 

Now another dumbass cyclist shoved his bike on MAX @ Beav TC, when all racks used! except when placating cyclists 

Well, the 35 is 14 minutes late... soon it will overtake the next scheduled 35, which is only 9 minutes late.  

Will they ever fix announcement problems? Constantly screwed up. 

If MAX is soooo popular at rush hour why isn't there peak hour surcharge to raise revenue?? 

Live on the scene a car just hit a trimet bus. Shits going down. 

Now we're headed to Sunset TC and the MAX train still thinks it is Beaverton Central. This MAX train really likes that station. #234 

Also, if people are standing and you're on the aisle, move over! Did you pay for two seats or are you just an asshole?  

Trimet transit police is out here

When a bus stops and does nothing for minutes they need to announce WHY so we don't get angry sitting there confused.

Proof that TriMet is in fact behind the times is on the back of that bus. :-P *dodges tomatoes*

I tracked the bus to make sure I'd make it, then all of a sudden it doesn't show up. Sheesh what the heck


In case Trimet happens to be reading this: Bus 44 to PCC Sylvania 7:03 stopped at SW Broadway. Bus driver is unqualified. 

Trimet is crackin' dowwwwwwwn 

Dept of Homeland Security just boarded my bus. Driver: "Hey! I have to charge extra for checking the back!" Touche, driver. Touche. 

Ever see those people who get on the bus and it's like a fun outing because they never ride otherwise? I hate those fucking people.

Two machines out at pioneer square and the third won't take card or cash




















 



























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Erik:

The sups are in SUV's so they (the SUV, but I guess the Sup too) can be used in all weather situations and once in a while off-pavement WHILE carrying all of the gear (see below).

As for why they can't commute together: They are normnally covering several areas but come together to do the "fare mission". It is an attempt to get the fares checked as quickly as possible with the least amount of tieup. If you hit the MAX/bus with 8 sups, they can be in & out faster than say 1 or 2. But, if "it" hits the fan while on the mission, or after the mission is over, these guys have to go back to their assigned districts. As for taking the train or bus? Think about that for a minute. If you are trying to get to an accident scene or other energency quickly, having the sup on a bus or train makes NO sense, especially if the train or bus you're on is stopped BECAUSE of these scene you are trying to get to. So you get out to walk?

Another note: Have you actually looked inside one of these SUV's at all of the equipment they carry? The back end is jam packed with different stuff--flares, cones, ice melt, signs, etc, etc. Not a whole bunch of room left over after that. Just sayin..