Trimess

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Clackamas revolution!

 I ride TriMet about 4-6 times a year, but I drive all over the northwest delivering equipment and services to my customers in hospitals and clinics. In fact I have been riding TriMet since it began service in 1969. Oh and since I own my own business I pay TriMet Payroll Taxes too. TriMet, impedes traffic, doesn't serve me or my employees, or my customers, it is a waste of time and money. TriMet used to be an incredible value, and a great service until Light Rail began service in the mid 80's, and Mass Transit became more about justifying the service, rather than transporting the user to their destination. Light Rail has NEVER delivered on its promises for projected ridership, it has NEVER prevented any traffic congestion, has NEVER conserved any fuel, nor has it reduced pollution. tombdragon

The Oregonian Editorial Board
Portland Tribune

No comments: