Trimess

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Latest SEEN and HEARD on #TRIMET (aka #trimess)


Before going around the notoriously tight, blind corners on the 51 route, this driver honks the horn a few times. Smart guy!  

Its always nice seeing a bus stop ad telling ppl to be safe around MAX...three miles away from a MAX line. 

you got that right. Costly, useless, NOT environmentally friendly -- $$$ better used restoring bus service 

Welcome to . Construction at Naito Pky no one told about & they won't let my 54 turn so we have to take a huge detour 

. so we had to turn left, go back several blocks then up Barber & now he's lost. hell. Feel bad for my 54 driver. 

I'm guessing no. Then the poor operators get stuck dealing with the Administration incompetence & angry riders. 

As always no
Do the flashing YIELD signs on buses always flash when the bus is pulling out of a stop? 

MAX doesn't deserve that kind of treatment. We'll replace the panels with 24K gold block tiles! MAX is the Trimet way 

MAX operator steps on the brakes while hauling full speed through the tunnel. Passengers are now officially skittish.


When Wal-Mart, PCC and Lewis And Clark college provide bus service, that means there's a problem with TriMet bus service  

Woah, I think I just saw my middle school vice-principal Mrs. Thomas ride by my apartment on the #56  

they're too scared of artic buses since the 700 artics were such a disaster. Problem? That was 15+ years ago 

Big ups to for running a great comment (5th down) explaining the math around TriMet fare enforcement.  

[5]... but just having the validator on board could be the middleground. Those of us who buy tickets could get on and then validate 

[4]... sometimes honest people like myself have to choose "miss the train, and have fare or jump on and make it to work on time"... 

[3]...and don't have an excuse. I feel having it on there creates a Better way to get people without fares. Without it there... 

[2]...standing on the train after it pulls out of the station (with exceptions based on how packed the train is) should have fare... 

I feel the exact opposite. If a person is sitting down, they obviously not "about" to buy fare. Pretty cut and dried. No person... 

Aww. Saw no sign of any 51 rider trying to catch the bus while we waited. Had to abandon the attempt. I feel bad for that rider.  

Dispatch called 5101 and told the operator of a late passenger from the 15 trying to catch (cont)  

So every 33 minutes is frequent service? you chug herpe dick. I'm glad I never have to deal you time-vampires after this week 

First the driver blue willow creek announces last stop 170th then most are off & she is gonna go to 185th??? MAD passengers!! 

Drivers on #45 need to pull forward when parking @ Tigard TC, been stopping short of the signage blocking ped access on sidewalks 

Eleven bikes on this westbound MAX, and we're only to Beaverton Creek.  

Public Transit Compression Format.  

Your ticket machines never fucking work. You expect us to buy a ticket but never have your shit together 

This 51 operator is the best. He always announces the bus as 'This is your wonderful bus 51'. You're awesome, 5101 driver!  

The new game in my hood, in which of our 3 eateries will the #8 driver drop a duece (Breakside Brewery this time)\

Traffic light at Main/Johnson that only lets three cars through on a green...  

Good thing we got through... WES and it's five riders nearly cost rt 94 with 20 riders a delay. Instead we're stuck at this lovely 

What is the point of 94 stopping a Tigard St and 45 stopping at Burnham - why not the SAME stop like before???? 

Well MY 94 followed the 94 route and the other bus is off route and stayed on 99W through Tigard???? 

I hope bus 2905 line 12 is on time because she driving slow and chatting inappropriately about line 72 <Belinda Jackson> 

The driver of my Trimet #88 is a surly old man who I imagine yelling at school kids to get off his lawn when he's not driving the bus 

The #35 ticket machine at 102nd & Burmside is frozen & your "hotline" does not take calls after 5. 

Big crowd of waiting riders Barbur & Bertha 

And 94 racing 94 down Barbur, follower passed leader stuck behind Capitol traffic 

it is not the HUGEST deal but it is kind of annoying. I was afraid that the Max was cancelled today or something! 

The map trip planner. It wants me to take 2 buses to get to my location and doesn't give hopping the train as an option at all! 

The suggestion page for improvement in service is not allowing me to submit my comment. 

both ticket machines at Hawthorn Farm MAX stations are out of service. 

Nice to see two supervisors enjoying lunch in their running gas guzzler F-150 at 4th/Hall. I wish I had A/C in my bus like them. 

Of course I'm on trimet and guess who's in the back of the bus being obnoxious..... Some BLACK people.. :( 

I fucking hate Trimet

I have the worst luck with TriMet I swear 

I hate this douchey snowboard guy you put on yr signs. Just so you know.  

Yet another damaged ticket machine at Millikan Way. Either I am the only one who complains or your maintenance crew is absent. 

Details are in the tweet, and there simply isn't more than that. Please don't make it difficult to provide feedback w/forms. 

I had a thought for all constantly running to catch MAX, put a ticket validator on the train. Remove choice of "pay vs late to work" 

Okay I'm super curious, why is there a gratuitous amount of parents on Trimet with their babies and toddlers? Something about 9/11????????? 

I helped someone get on trimet because they were short of money, warms my insides. 

Seriously? Metro is at least as disfunctional as TriMet. But cause for thought. 


Leave it to TriMet to fuck off your job interview 

I lied. Trimet biggest problem is poor mgmt. The system itself & buses are actually very good. It's still a top 5 or 10 transit agency. 

Oh boy follows back. Hold on to your hats, social media team.



























































No comments: