Trimess

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Prescription help "HB"

I like to share with you the answers to some of the questions concerning prescription coverage under the new standard that the company had set for Blue Cross and Blue Shield coverage.
  With all credit to Brother Chris Day, we now have some options concerning non-covered prescriptions in our health plan.  Below is the information that Brother Day had provided, that may help us all, when it come to presciptions.

All manufactures of meds provide some type of assistance program. The information can be difficult to find and each med has their own type of program. Currently what I have witnessed is the member is excepted in a program they are provided with a card that has the group id number,  a member id number and some other numbers (just like the numbers set up on the Blue Cross card). The member then gives that information to their RX and it is treated like a second insurance and kicks in after Blue Cross. Once the maximum of $1000.00 has been reached Blue Cross will then pay 100% and the second insurance is no longer used until needed again. I want to start work on a list of Meds and contact numbers as I learn about them. My goal is not to point out what meds any one person might be on but to just have an alphabetical list of all possible meds the provide assistance. I am thinking it might be a good idea to create a date base that can present this easily. I am working on that. If you learn of anyone that needs help or has question you are welcome to let them know I am researching it and will try to help in any way I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a great idea, but any medicine purchased with this assistance WILL NOT count toward the $1,000 maximum with Blue Cross.