Trimess

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

One CL Line streetcar behind another

Taken October 5th at 8:05 PM, on NW 11th approaching the Marshall platform during the time of the Streetcar Mobile Music Fest.  The streetcar ahead was at the platform, and during the time, another streetcar went behind down Northrup.

The festival was causing delays with bands and gear loading and then unloading near the Rose Quarter, crowded streetcars and, at OMSI, a storyteller on the platform that created a distraction resulting in the forward streetcar shown not leaving on time.  It was shortlined and sent directly back over the bridge while my car continued down 11th as normal.



4 comments:

Al M said...

Hahaha..too bad they didnt have a head on collision

Erik H. said...

Glad to see that music festivals on poorly planned streetcar lines are more important for TriMet than providing reliable service to its long-time riders.

Max said...

Erik:
What does this have to do with TriMet?

I'm glad they had the event, it was a lot of fun. I think it was a smart marketing tool for Portland Streetcar.

Jason McHuff said...

Didn't see you there, Max, but I left early as my camera died since I thought the event started later and I wasn't prepared.

And Erik, little of the event appears to have been done by TriMet.