Trimess

Monday, October 8, 2012

PORTLAND BICYCLISTS TO TRIMET-WE AINT WEARING YOUR STUPID CLOWN SUITS

Mcdouchebag
John Lascurettes October 5, 2012 at 2:04 pm
Oh good lord. I usually say, there's no such thing as being too visible. Looking at that photo, I stand corrected.

Nick October 5, 2012 at 2:06 pm
This is out of touch and embarrassing. People do not enjoy looking ridiculous, which is why no one would dare advocate for motoring helmets or day-glo car paint. And certainly, no one looks to Trimet for fashion advice. Who comes up with this stuff?

mikeybikey October 5, 2012 at 2:13 pm
Yup. Out of touch. Its time to move on from this kind of thing. If the infrastructure for cycling (or walking) in the city requires people to wear anything besides their normal clothes in order to expect safety, then we are doing it wrong. 400% wrong.

Vinny October 5, 2012 at 2:29 pm
The TriMet employee in the photo should be embarrassed. He's dressed up in a silly dayglo Gumby outfit but only has one tiny light (maybe) on the handlebar. I don't see any serious lights on the bike let alone any reflectors.

encephalopath October 5, 2012 at 2:32 pm
Clownsuit...
Show me some evidence that this contributes something to my safety beyond what proper lighting does.
Or is this another magic talisman like the syrofoam hat?

Sbrock October 5, 2012 at 2:39 pm
OMG !! Who comes up with this stuff?
Am I being "punked"?

Hi al m,
I've been moderating since Day One. Why is that disappointing? And no, I don't plan to post your comment that included the term "mcdouchebag".

Opus the Poet October 7, 2012 at 12:01 pm
Yep, not wearing the glow-in-the-dark clown suit means you're asking to get hit.
I deal with this at least once a week if not several times during the week in my blog.

Erinne October 5, 2012 at 3:33 pm
Jesus, really? Are we really supposed to ride around looking like that? Ridiculous. I will not ever ever wear neon yellow covered in reflective strips. I hope Trimet gets wind of all this feedback before wasting any more of their time, money and energy.

Randall S. October 5, 2012 at 4:51 pm
And how about some tips for women on how to avoid getting raped by wearing "non-seductive clothing?" I mean, why limit victim-blaming to cyclists?

wainedibbly October 5, 2012 at 5:41 pm
So much for Portland Cycle Chic!

Sunny October 5, 2012 at 6:24 pm
Might as well make everyone wear a six point star.

Alex Reed October 7, 2012 at 8:19 pm
I submitted a comment to TriMet about this frankly embarassing campaign. I am PISSED that my tax dollars are going towards this.

K'Tesh October 8, 2012 at 10:36 am
Now for TriMet... If they don't fix the #12/#94 mess that they just created, I'm certain someone will be hurt, KILLED, or disappear. There's few shelters between Tigard Transit Center, and with the wet and cold weather, I'm certain that someone will try walking or riding home rather than wait the 61 minutes between buses, and end up getting hit by a car. If they do wait, someone w/compromised health may end up dying from exposure, or disappear when they accept a ride from a "kind stranger".

BikePortland.org » Blog Archive » TriMet will take 'Be Seen Be Safe' message to the streets in November











No comments: