Trimess

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

TRIMET ADVENTURES OF 'LYSE'

As reported via twitter: read from bottom to top  for correct sequence of event



Close to three hours to get home. I am sore, tired and thoroughly disgusted with humanity.
Between nonexistent trains and the actual ride, it took over an hour and half to get from PDX to bridge. Yes, I screamed profanity in public
Operator says we're going west, Trimet people are telling people to get off because its headed east. Figure it the HELL out!!!!
After the recent performance by I am reconsidering my use of transit to commute.
....and we're stopped again. *sob*
HOLY FUCK, WE'RE MOVING!
My anxiety has already been redlined by the fucking Red Line. I'm afraid trying a brand new transit will overload me. Seriously.
says to use buses or shuttle. Well, the shuttle is nowhere near me, and I have no fucking clue what buses stop or go where.
You do realize that many of us Max rider have no freaking idea what buses to take or where, right?
they say to take a shuttle from the Rose Quarter, but that doesn't help me at the FUCKING LLOYD CENTER
Yeah - they just announced it. I am stuck in a train at Lloyd Cebter that is immobile and filled to standing room only with idiots
Some riders say latest habit is to send trains to PDX, but only release them south once they are already full. Any others see this?
Found some scented hand lotion in my purse to combat the reek of cologne/aftershave on the Max
Does anyone know if I get the fine and ticket if I go over the two hour fare because was 40 minutes late?
Red line finally showed up. We were the first stop after the airport, and it's already standing room. And someone's aftershave reeks!
I hate dealing with agoraphobia on the Max, but it's worse when trains just don't show up, and three cars worth are packed in one,
According to app, I've sat through two trains at Mt Hood southbound. Those damned invisible stealth trains strike again.
Not to mention those of us that physically cannot commute via bike or walking.

2 comments:

Jeanne S said...

Lyse is my roommate; she's attending nursing school to become a registered nurse. She also a military veteran with an honorable discharge and has worked in customer service in civilian life, and has coped admirably with a variety of difficult situations -- so this should definitely point out that Trimet's policies & practices are absolute crap. When someone as easy-going and professionally competent as Lyse is this stressed by their failings, you know they're awful.

Al M said...

And that is why she made the blog, her story was credible and awful