There will be 28 new streetcar stops between Memorial Coliseum and OMSI. The tracks will travel on Weidler Street to Lloyd Center at NE 7th Ave, south on Martin Luther King Jr Blvd to OMSI and return north on Grand Ave to Broadway and the Pearl District. Later, as a separate project, the Loop will be completed via a new bridge at the south end, allowing continuous connections around the entire Loop east and west of the Willamette River.
The cost estimate of the Loop Project is $148.27 million dollars:
- $75 million provided by the Federal Government
- $15.50 million from a local improvement district
- $27.68 million from the Portland Development Commission
- $3.62 million from regional funds
- $6.11 million from SDC/other City funds
- $.36 million from stimulus funds