Trimess

Sunday, February 17, 2013

An old rider and pal of mine writes


STORY-TIME ON YOUR PROFILE AL!! So, I wanna share a story with you, to get it OUT there. Number one, I've called Trimet TWICE now, on Friday, to complain about this guy but I want to post it here too, to make sure the story gets out there. So, Friday morning, two days ago, my partner Don and I are on the # 58 heading to town. Bus ID number 1817, as I recall, and the driver is this Asian dude who is, I believe, Korean American, he's tall, heavy set, about 6 feet or taller, over 200 pounds, in his late 50's with black, receding, dyed hair and glasses.
I don't know his name but he often drives the # 58...(Boy do all us passengers miss YOU AL! YOU were the best!) so, he's well known as a hard ass who HATES people. He's mean, nasty and has a horrible attitude, he thinks he's better than other people. I've had runs-ins with him on multiple occasions because he's so rude and nasty all the time. So! We are on Columbia, heading East, as we are approaching Columbia and 10th a black man rings the bell, then asks the driver, "Can you stop that bus?" Said Asian driver KNOWS what he wants him to do, which is honk two or three times, to alert the driver in front that a passenger on HIS bus, wants to board THAT bus. Drivers do it all the time. And in this case, there was no distraction or danger in the road, to prevent him from doing it. But this driver, said asshole waits JUST long enough to let the other bus take off. A number 6 bus. He heard the black guy's request just fine but acts like he doesn't know what he wants. "You want me to stop the bus?" has asks, playing dumb. Then the bus in front, the # 6 takes off. So, now the old black guy is angry and yells, "Aww, you just fucked it up! Just let me off the bus!" So, the driver has another TWO full blocks to go, before he reaches 10th and Columbia, right there by the Safeway and so as he pulls out, he LAYS on the horn! FOR TWO FULL BLOCKS. At least 10-15 seconds, he LAYS on the horn. Halfway through this assault on my ears, I yell, as I'm sitting in the front of the bus, "WILL YOU PLEASE STOP THAT? IS THAT REALLY NECESSARY?" But my voice is drowned out by the loudness of the bus horn, being pressed on non-stop by the crazy Asian driver who is going postal. Finally, I jump up and say, "LET ME OFF THIS BUS!" and as I approach the door, he looks over at me, with the most MANIACAL and hateful look on his face and LAYS on the horn again, as if he's getting revenge on ME for complaining. He's stopped AT 10th and Columbia, with the Safeway right there to the left and there is NO reason by he would continue to lay on the horn, other than I complained that it was hurting my ears. He's laying on the horn, for NO apparent reason, other than he's MAD AS HELL and he wants to vent. Trouble is, I did not do anything wrong, nor did I do anything to deserve that ASSAULT on my ears! And even if the old black guy WAS rude, HE did not deserve to have HIS ears assaulted either. This man is a HATEFUL ELITIST who looks with hatred on all the passengers who get on the bus. He has NO compassion for people at ALL. He thinks he's better than everyone else and he is also OUT OF CONTROL!! As he's still laying on the horn, I start to worry about my very LIFE and the life of my man, Don. I yell again, "LET ME OFF THIS BUS!" Then I yell, "I'm going to complain about you!" and he says, "WHAT? WHAT?" and proceeds to lay on the horn, after opening the door, so Don and I could exit. After I jumped off the bus, I got right on my cell phone and called in, (11:54 am)very much out of breath, with my adrenalin pumping to call in and complain. I spoke to a woman and left a detailed complaint and was told they would get back to me...THEY BETTER!! It might not seem important or some people might think, "what's the big deal?" if he laid on the horn like that, but when you are in the front of the bus and it happens, it only takes about 3 seconds before the sheer volume of the noise starts to really get you rattled and starts to REALLY hurt your ears. I also called in later that day and left another complaint. The thing is, its not just me who witnessed it, my fiancee Don Dupay also witnessed it and HE will be calling in on Monday to share his version of what happened. Two witnesses to a totally avoidable episode that only happened because this guy HATES people and HATES his job. Well, if he isn't happy with $20-$25 per hour, then give his job to someone who actually LIKES people. Being a Trimet bus driver should not just be about not having any traffic violations on your record for five years, to be eligible, it should ALSO be about whether or not the person likes people and has social skills. Because this ASSHOLE jerk has NO social skills at ALL. I'm following through with my complaint and it will be the 3rd complaint I've made against this guy in two years. Trouble is, Trimet is soooo stupid, they'll keep the asshole on, until such time that he throws off some young mother and her infant in freezing snow or a violent rainstorm...Trimet needs to really change their requirements for hire, so that people who work as drivers actually are people persons and not just greedy assholes who are looking for a paycheck! I wanted you to know about this, and the fact that my ears STILL hurt! I hope this guy gets canned. He's an absolute asshole. Ever since he started driving the # 58 line, he's been a complete jerk. He's also a complete liability. He's going to hurt someone one day, unless and until Trimet wises up.

No comments: