Trimess

Saturday, March 2, 2013

This is my one year anniversary

Tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary away from totalitarianism and back into relative freedom.
It was one year ago today that I stopped working at Trimet.

I wasn't technically retired until May but March 3 last year was my last real day working as a bus driver for Trimet.
I worked one day before my 'official' retirement.
I had no idea how much Trimet controlled my life until I wasn't there anymore.
I survived 15 years as a Trimet bus driver and probably would have gone on another 4 years if I had not been into blogging Trimet material.
I never had any trouble at Trimet except for my blog and nosing around issues there that were not my business.
I had that movie addiction there, which has resulted in a HUGE library of Trimet material.
I've been meaning to go through all that stuff but I am still heavily involved in the blog world, now without  the annoyance of BIG BROTHER bullying me all the time about it.
I'm proud to have survived that environment, I never quite fit in there.
It fascinated me, the world of Trimet, but it was not me.
When I left I didn't miss it at all, which surprised me , I thought I would miss it.
The thing was, they made it miserable enough for me that I was glad to be gone.
At least from the management there.
I am also proud to still be out here, challenging the bullies from the sidelines.
Some people really believe they are better than others, they are the deluded among us.
In the world we live in, money is power, the people that control the money control your life.
I'm very fortunate in other aspects in my life that gives me the freedom to step off the hamster wheel of wage slavery. Most people don't have that luxury.
We live in a world of delusions and misconceptions.
After you accumulate so much wealth, why do people keep trying to accumulate more?
They are HAMSTERS IN THE WHEEL, running and running but getting nowhere 

1 comment:

Steve Fung said...

Let's celebrate the 1 year anniversary.