Trimess

Sunday, April 21, 2013

LOL!-Neils Bullshit-LOL!

Just about every night, I take my dog for a two or three mile walk. Sometimes my wife, Annette, joins us – sometimes it's just me and Milo.(Sheeshus! How cute!) It's probably the most important thing I do on the wellness front. Walking is a great way to clear your mind and improve your health – including your heart health. That's why the Heart & Stroke Walk is a priority for me. The 2013 event is just a month away – Saturday, May 18 – and Team McFarlane (team Mcfarlane? LOL!!LOL!!) is actively recruiting members and raising funds. It's a 5K route (that's 3.1 miles) a little longer than my average evening walk – but the real difference is that we'll all be there together: 100s of TriMet folks among the 1000s of concerned community members taking a stand for cardiovascular health. (I bet no retirees will be there) If you're not working that day, I'd like to invite you to take part in the Heart Walk. There's no registration fee – all you have to do is sign up online or talk to the leader of the TriMet team you want to join. Annette, Milo and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on the waterfront on Saturday, May 18.(I think Neil has got some new happy drugs from his shrink)

2 comments:

Cameron Johnson said...

What needs to happen is for all the interested operators and retirees to just make their own group, without McFarlane. Like, yeah, we're down with the cause but no fucking way we're wearing Team McFarlane Tshirts. Talk about shooting a cause in the foot just by existing.

Al M said...

Haha, gawd your great Cameron!
What style!