Trimess

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Cameron Johnson

 Incorrectly Correcting TriMet's Incorrect Accusation of us as Incorrect... I think. 

That's right. TriMet's losing the game, so they're changing the rules. Think of it like that annoying kid who made up a new rule every time you tagged him in tag. "No, you didn't tag me! I had an unbreakable anti-tag forcefield that you can't break!" Essentially the same rule is at play here. Damn that union.

I don't get how this is being overlooked in all of this. The new rule gives TriMet more free rein to cut service, and less transparency about it. I call them out on this because they're claiming to work with us, to side with us, while openly calling us wrong and then initiating secrecy about how they are lobbying to get away with cutting service and not restoring any at all. That isn't the kind of behavior that I, as a Bus Riders Unite leader, can support. This isn't the kind of agency that I can comfortably say "I align with them, I agree with their causes." If TriMet wants to work with us, and expect us to work with them, they are going to have to go all the way with it.
No more secrecy, no more dishonesty, and no more pretentious, false 'fact-checking.'

Read the entire post: 
The Kid's Take: Portland Transit Activism from the Bottom Up.

No comments: