Trimess

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Henry Beasley on the block signups


 For those that don't know what I'm talking about, I'm talking about the "block" informational held this morning and I don't like to be lied to.

 To hear the BS, concerning seniority and the fact that it will not be affected is total BS, this is how they define it: you get to pic before another person pics but you're not guaranteed to have better work. That is a total non union type of seniority. Union seniority as this union has defined it for years, the more time you put it in the better work that is available to chosen.

4 comments:

Speakerofthepeople1 said...

They have been beating this drum since the beginning of this "pilot project" I'm guessing they think if they say it enough times people will believe them. NOT! And by the way our President Bruce is part of the blocking committee he just doesn't like to talk about it. I think an email from Shelly to Bruce regarding how they were going to sell this was on this site a while ago? He has been involved since the beginning and continues to be involved, he is at Center Street with Shelly all the time! I'm surprised he doesn't have a cubicle near Dan Martins.

Al M said...

I can see why the company wants this but I can't for the life of me see how any active bus operator could possibly think this is good for them.

Taking away your right to choose your own work is a huge deal!

Speakerofthepeople1 said...

You are correct it is a huge deal! TriMet is masterfully bringing the Union members equal to the non union employees and this could be the final blow. We have the same healthcare, no post employment benefits just like non union, and now seniority is being stripped from us. I don't understand it either Al it just keeps getting worse for union members and its our own Execs that are helping.

Al M said...

As an 'outsider' now I see what's happening and just don't understand the union employees being so quick to get on the cattle car and let themselves be herded to the slave camps.