Trimess

Monday, April 20, 2015

Anyone ever encounter rude/angry Trimet operators/supervisors?

My MAX operator this morning wouldn't stop berating a 60 year old passenger who she thought had his music up too loud. He was using headphones, and literally nobody was bothered by it except her...and she's behind a freaking door. She even stood, up, opened the door, and continued to yell at him while we were going 50 mph down the Banfield. She then stuck her head out the window and yelled at a guy and his kid for crossing the street too slowly for her liking. I watched, and they were crossing on their green light, and doing everything legally. At the Pioneer Square stop, she blasted the train horn for a good 10 seconds because another Trimet bus was in the MAX lane.
She was really in a blind rage. She had NO business operating a train, let alone a vehicle.
I filed a complaint on Trimet's website, but I'm not sure how far it would go. Other passengers were visibly upset. I have never experienced such an unprofessional and angry person who is in charge of dozens of people's lives.
 REDDIT!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so tired of rude and extremely aggressive bus drivers. This morning, had to take the 17 from SE PDX, transfer to a train downtown, then get off at Bvrtn transit,get on the 57 and go to 172nd and TV Hwy to get my son to school. On my way back I was running to the 57 and just missed it. Well a person in a car pulled over and asked me if I wanted him to take me to a couple of stops up to catch that bus I missed. I hoped in his car and we managed to pass the bus and I got out at the TV hwy and Murry stop. When the bus pulled up I got on and showed the bus driver my transfer. I tossed my sons youth pass in the garbage because he was at school and didn't need it. The bus driver toke my ticket and tore it up and told me that I didn't purchase the ticket. I asked her if I could get on and she told me to buy another ticket. All I had was a $5 bill on me, so I asked her if I could just get to the transit center and if my ticket was going to expire I would just buy a new one. That way I could get change. She said I had to buy a day pass or get off "her bus". That's fine I don't mind buying another ticket if my ticket expired, but it hadn't and she told me I was a liar and a thief and made me buy a day pass. I don't know where she thinks I got the ticket from, but she told me it wasn't my ticket. I am seeing to many of these drivers that are quick to prejudge and be extremely rude to riders. They obviously don't like their jobs.