Trimess

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Letters

My fellow officers; I write to you do to the fact that I can't sleep tonight. At our Union's Monday morning meeting today we had several Nela members present, one of which was a woman about 30 years old, timid and shy. She sat through the meeting not saying anything; just waiting until she could get a word in edgewise. Finally, towards the end of the meeting, I had to ask everyone to stop their conversations; I could tell she had something to say and it was bubbling up inside her. She stated that after the strike vote at the Nela property, the company began to retaliate against the drivers at her yard. Not only did they lose 40-plus operators, but management took all of the best buses and sent them to the non-union yard. "Operators that are left like me," she said, "they have taken so many hours away from us... I'm only going to get 27 hours this week." She broke into tears and stated, "I don't know how I'm going to feed my kids." All I could do was hug her in silence after the meeting was over. I couldn't say we were here for her, that we are "Doing everything we can" for her and her kids...and I blame that on myself. When I was voted into office I took a personal oath to make Jon the best President I could; to make all of you the best officers I could. I have failed you, and the membership, miserably. Jon is overseas, taking in that "Strong Union atmosphere of Romania" instead of trying to create it here with our membership right now when we need it the most. Would you look into that member's eyes and the eyes of her kids and tell them that our President needed to go to Romania more than they need to eat? That you did not want to undermine his right to go because that's what "Good union officers do"? -- even though many of you told him you didn't think it was the best time for him to go(?). Dammit, you supported him! If this is what "Good union officers do", I commend you. Personally, I feel like I should apologize to our membership for contributing to help make you that kind of an officer. I have failed them by not convincing you that this member and her kids -- as well as numerous others like her -- should have come first.  THIS IS MY RESPONSE TO THE EMAIL SENT TO ME  Well I wasn't there and everyone knows where I stand. My question is why isn't our union car at the union office? I will tell you this any gas charges or credit card charges while he's out of the country I will personally bring charges against him. Oh if he isn't using his vacation time to be paid while on his vacation I will bring him up on charges I don't like being backstabber by my union after I leave e-board and making a motion that is about as dumb as maintenance being on transportation step 3's. All I can say is BRING IT ON im tired of the bullshit   THIS IS ANOTHER OFFICERS RESPONSE TO ME While I understand you needed to leave the Board meeting early for personal needs I do not understand your claim of being "stabbed in the back". I find this accusation distasteful in the extreme, I do wish to understand your issue. Please clarify your claim so I can understand your position>  MY RESPONSE: Well I was told by 2 board members my name was brought up concerning Facebook and a motion was made without me being there.sorry if I was to harsh or mean but I do alot for this union and then get treated poorly and I sacrifice alot to the point my marriage could be in jeopardy so things need to change like no computers at eboard change in driving policy at union. im at a boiling point that's my issue also sorry of you took email to personnel.   THEIR RESPONSE BACK TO ME:  Chris: I still do not recall which motion you are refering to. As to one being made while you were gone, what did you expect? Business to stop because you left? I am sorry your Union activities are adversely affecting your personal life. It is something we all, as officers of this local have to deal with. Look at the divorce rate amoung the officers and for that matter the suicide rate. We all "hit the wall" sooner or later and must make the nessessary decisions our personal lives require. We are all different so the answer for each will be different. I wish you the best

No comments: