Trimess

Trimess
FOLLOW THE TWITTER FEED FOR UPDATES

Monday, July 11, 2016

Trimet can't find people to take their jobs and apparently isn't interested in keeping the employees they currently have

Over on a private face group there is extreme consternation over the current sign up for bus drivers.
While the block sign-ups were supposed to be eliminated trimet but also eliminated some long existing programs, like the part time 3 day workweek which is been around for probably a decade. And this is leading to yet another morale breakdown with operators. This is from a current operator.

Just had a gander at the available slots for Fall 2016 Sign-Up. 

This company might just lose a pretty decent part-timer over this. No over sleeps, no PAs, just happy, on-time, safe driving. 

I'm gutted. 

The reason I stayed part-time was because I could build a decent life outside of the driver's seat, including taking classes to keep my brain growing, and being part of a small writing community that feeds and inspires my creative side (and keeps me happy and balanced when I am behind the wheel). 

I'm really, really sad to have all of that taken away, and really frustrated by the lack of regard for the part-time drivers through all of this.

2 comments:

Steve Fung said...

The three day work week was the only reason I lasted as long as I did before retiring.It's too bad it was eliminated.

Henry Beasley said...

Retaliatory move, nothing more. To spite the employee.
HB