- After a visit to Seattles Metro is has become crystal clear just how far behind TRIMET has fallen in the world of transit.
- At metro, all the call stops are automated.
- The driver can use the BDS to make specialized announcements like "please move back".
- There are no pouches to deal with.
- There is virtually no punching transfers, and if you do need the punch it's attached to the fare box so drivers can't lose them and then get charged for losing it.
- There is the "ORCA" card system, ending fare collection.
- Buses are new and clean, and even the old buses are beautiful compared to ours.
- You get paid for filling out lost and found tickets.
- You get paid for filling out work cards.
- There is no fee for drivers for health insurance, granted the benefits are not exactly the same as ours.
- There are multiple uniform options, not just the heavy industrial outfits we are required to wear.
How does this transit district get to be called "a model for the country".
It's all propaganda that has no bearing in reality.