Trimess

Thursday, August 9, 2012

ANOTHER OPERATOR TAKES A STAND AGAINST THE TYRANT MCFARLANE

RE: Unpaid Wages and Insurance Reimbursement
Dear Mr. Mcfarlane:
I have been working for your company as bus operator since March 5, 2007. As, you know you have been ordered on more than one occasion by the Employment relations Board to make me whole for any losses incurred due to your unlawful conduct, including reimbursement for salary increases I did not receive and contributions toward insurance premium costs I paid. According to my calculations, I should have been paid a total of $3,900.00 in wages and insurance premiums.
I am willing to resolve this matter informally through immediate payment of $3,900.00. If I do not receive these wages and insurance premiums within two weeks of the date of this letter, I will file a claim with the Oregon Labor Commissioner or in state court seeking all the damages allowed by law.
I am also requesting that you cease and desist from communicating to me in regards to or attempting to implement any action to collect money you think I owe for this highly illegal retroactive health care policy. I was given no information at the time I signed up for my current insurance policy stating that I could at some point be held responsible for paying money back. If I had been given such information it clearly would have influenced my choice. This change you made to our insurance has been ruled illegal because it was done in retaliation in case you forgot.
I am also aware of my rights that protect me from retaliation for requesting my unpaid wages. If your company takes any action against me, including any form of discipline or discharge, for asserting my right to be paid my wages I will have the right to file another claim with the Labor Commissioner or in court based on unlawful retaliation.
If you have any questions about the contents of this letter, I can be contacted at home at 503-XXX-XXXX

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know your rights, these are your rights!

Anonymous said...

I sure hope your my leader bus, that way I'll get my full breaks that day and everyday your my leader. That's how they retaliate in case you didn't know.

Erik H. said...

I sure hope your my leader bus, that way I'll get my full breaks that day and everyday your my leader. That's how they retaliate in case you didn't know.

Seriously. EVERY TriMet Operator and Mechanic should be operating with this mentality.

Write up EVERY bus for any failure. Anything that is remotely a safety or mechanical issue. I've ridden on numerous buses lately with panels that are clearly broken and can call down on a rider's head. Refuse them until fixed. Seats not properly secured? Refuse it. After all if you make an emergency stop and the seat breaks and a passenger falls that is a major safety failure that TriMet would be at-fault for.