Trimess

Saturday, June 1, 2013

RUMORS RUMORS

I regret voting for this guy
I've heard this same rumor for going on two years now:
The governor is going to make some changes at Trimet.
I've been hearing that so long that I obviously think its ridiculous.
Futhermore, changing the head man without an accompanying change in policy will mean little to riders and union employees.
Remember, Mcfarlane was not operating in a vacuum.
Changing the guy at the top would be some welcome news however, personally I think Mcfarlane did a miserable job with the task he was assigned.
Mcfarlane new nothing about managing people, he spent his whole lift as an administrator to  builders.
He took over a very complex organization with no real skills in how to handle that endeavor.Obviously he was chosen because of his dedication to building light rail and that is what the power brokers want, more light rail.
While the Trimet propaganda department works full time trying to rescue his legacy, I have my doubts it can be salvaged. He has himself to blame for that.

As far as that rumor, I don't believe it for a second.

No comments: