Trimess

Sunday, January 1, 2012

15 passenger relates the story of an accident

Funny-Bit-of-Meaningless-Trivia: SO! Its 4:35 pm and my daughter and I are on the 17 bus line, coming home from having our necks and backs adjusted from my great Chiropractor, Dr. Mark Walsh, and picking up my Thyroid medicine from my Naturopathic Dr. Marz, after having lunch together and hanging out. The bus is going South on 21st avenue, in NW. Right there on Marshall, this crazy woman in a whit...e SUV runs a stop sign and the bus swipes the back end of her vehicle. Made quite a loud sound and the driver slams on the breaks. Pulls into the church there, (I think there's a church there) but the bus end is blocking traffic. Technically, THAT makes it a police matter. So, exercising my right to engage my civic duty, I call 911 and tell them of the car/bus collision and that the East/west bound lane of traffic is now blocked. Then after about 15 of the 20 people on the bus leave like rats jumping from a sinking ship, me, my daughter and the other 3 or 4 good souls stay on and fill out the little forms, giving our vital statistics and explaining what we saw. My daughter was all ready to hang the poor woman who got swiped and told me how I should fill out the form but I had not technically seen this woman run the stop sign. I think it was a combination of the bus driver and the car driver, (both women) thinking they had waited long enough and then both accelerating at around the same time, an understandable accident. I explained what I saw and tried to be honest, while Amelia berated me for not hanging the (old woman) in the car, who had collided with the (old woman) driving the bus. But I had to hold on to my ideals and my understanding of accidents AND the law. Theresa Griffin-Kennedy

No comments: