Trimess

Monday, July 13, 2020

Khris Alexander vs ATU757



Khris Alexander
ATU757 Executive Board c/o ATU757
1801 NE Couch Street Portland, Oregon 97232 Phone (503) 232-9144 FAX (503) 230-2589
ATU757 Executive Board,
In July of 2018 I was elected by ATU757 TriMet Powell Operators to represent them as ATU757’s TriMet Powell Transportation Executive Officer. In July of 2020 ATU757 President Shirley Block took action and removed me as the duly elected Executive Board Officer for TriMet Powell Transportation. TriMet was contacted and instructed to remove me as ATU757 representative. She is preventing me from performing my duly elected duties and is causing harm to the membership by her willful actions. Such actions must be addressed and corrected immediately so that I can continue my duly elected duties. If her actions continue, I will seek an injunction so that I can perform my duly elected duties while the union appeal process is taking place. Her actions are in violation of ATU Constitution and merits possible charges to be filed towards her. Any officer that allows her actions to continue are willfully disregarding ATU Constitution and should be cautious of their nonfeasance.
On Monday, June 15th 2020 at 1:07pm in a moment of anger I sent an email to Danielle Bower with the subject line of “RE: opting out notice” and it stated “I Khris Alexander Wish To Stop Paying Union Dues Starting July 1st,2020. I Do Not Give Up My Union Spot Until My Term Is Up In June 2020 Or Until The Members Vote Me Out Since The Bylaws And Constitution Doesn’t Mention Or Reference Stopping Due’s Paying While In Office Only If Running For Office.” I did a typo in this email and stated June 2020 when I intended to type the end of June 2021. A number of emails went back and forth and I continued to clearly state that I wanted to stop paying union dues effective July 1st 2020. At no time did I state to stop June’s dues or that I forfeit my position as ATU757 TriMet Powell Transportation Executive Board Officer. After a period of time, I thought about my actions and on Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 8:46am I sent an email to ATU757 President Shirley Block, ATU757 Vice President Jonathan Hunt and ATU757 Financial Secretary Mary Longoria with the subject line of “Major mistake I made” and it stated “I made a rash decision last week being mad at Shirley and I have had time to think about what I did in the moment. So with that being said I want to retract my decision to bail out on the union and give up on the members. I admit I made a bad decision and regret it now looking back at it. So what do I need to do to stay in do I need to sign up again?”
At one time or another I am sure that some if not all of us have said or done something in a moment of anger and later regretted such. I understand that ATU757 President Shirley Block is upset with me yet this does not give her the authority to strip me of my duly elected duties. The instructions in my July 15, 2020 email clearly stated that no action was to take place until July 1, 2020. I retracted my
July 12, 2020
 Page 1 of 3

instructions with an email dated July 23, 2020. If my original instruction would have been properly followed no damaging action would have been taken by ATU757 and I would have maintained my dues properly. Because of ATU757 not properly following my instructions ATU757 had TriMet remove my payroll deduction effective June (not July) and my June 2020 dues were not paid. As soon as I learned that my June dues was not paid, I personally dropped off a check for June’s union dues July 8, 2020.
ATU757 President Shirley Block had took it upon herself to strip me of my duly elected title and to appoint another person to replace me. She has no authority to take such action and is violating Labor- Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA) by not allowing the due process that is set forth within ATU Constitution. No officer or member has the authority to remove a member or officer without allowing the due process provided by ATU Constitution and LMRDA. Failing to immediately allow me to perform my duties that I have been duly elected to do will indicate that ATU757’s malfeasance is being supported by ATU757’s Executive Board. Such actions or lack of actions will force me to utilize the rights given to me by ATU757 Bylaw, ATU Constitution, LMRDA and local authorities. This may include and is not limited to:
1. Appealing the actions taken by ATU757 President Shirley Block and ATU757 Executive Board with ATU757, ATU and the LMRDA.
2. Seek a court injunction so that I can continue to perform my duly elected duties during the appeal process.
3. Filing Preferring of charges towards those who participated in the malfeasance that is taking place.
This notice is to give you the opportunity to avoid such actions taking place. The mistakes that have taken place can be resolved by simply allowing me to perform the duties that ATU757 TriMet Powell Transportation Members have elected me to do.
Khris Alexander
ATU757 TriMet Powell Transportation Executive Officer
Cc:
ATU757 President Shirley Block
ATU757 Financial Secretary Mary Longoria ATU757 Executive Officer Anna Tompte ATU757 Executive Officer Jimmy Appelhanz ATU757 Executive Officer Mike Francois ATU757 Executive Officer Joe Ruffin ATU757 Executive Officer Fred Casey
ATU Vice President Javier Perez, Jr. Department of Labor olms-sfsdo@dol.gov
ATU757 Vice President Jonathan Hunt ATU757 Executive Officer Jim Bennett ATU757 Executive Officer Bill Bradley ATU757 Executive Officer Mikel Burke ATU757 Executive Officer Anthony Forrester ATU757 Executive Officer Kevin Kinoshita ATU President John Costa
ATU Secretary-Treasurer Kenneth Kirk
July 12, 2020
 Page 2 of 3

I am an ATU757 member and have read page 1 and page 2 of this document. Khris Alexander is a duly elected officer and no member or officer has the right to interfere with a duly elected officer’s duties without due process. I am submitting my name, signature and date I signed this document to demonstrate that I do not support ATU757 taking action without allow due process that is provided in ATU Constitution.
Print Name Signature Date
July 12, 2020
                                                                  Page 3 of 3

No comments: