Trimess

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

MY WRITTEN TESTIMONY TO THE TRIMET BOARD OF DIRECTORS



To the Trimet Board of Directors:

Before I begin my testimony I would like to send my thanks to the tri-met benefits department who has religiously set my retirement check consistently on time. They have always acted professionally and efficiently whenever I have needed assistance and for that I am grateful.

I am still angry that the Trimet executives lied to me about my health benefits during my retirement. It’s even more galling that the man responsible for that  state of affaires stole a raise for himself in secret and now lives on $14,000 a month public pension. That really angers me to no end.

I also would like the board to know the tri-met executives do not post on any of these meetings on their social media platforms where they have tens of thousands of followers. Are you board members aware of that? In 2012 Kate Brown (now the governor) made a report that said for the record that Trimet needs to stop operating in secret. That has not happened

But none of that has anything to do with my testimony. This testimony is about Mr. Kelsy's  statement that "he’d rather keep jobs then pay hazard pay."

Now let me say that I have been watching the goings on at the Tri-met Board of Directors for longer than any of you that are sitting on that board. I started following the Trimet board of directors way back when George Passadore was the president.

I have also seen the billions of dollars that have gone out for all sorts of things that have nothing to do with Trimet riders or drivers. 

In this one meeting you are about to hand out $120 million for things that have nothing to do with trimet riders or drivers.

The entire Trimet executive/management culture now gets to work from home. A defacto raise. What a wonderful thing for them. No more commuting into work, just do what you do in your pajamas when you feel like it. 

The fact of the matter is Mr. Kelsey is continuing the union busting agenda that was begun under Mr. MacFarlane who hand picked him and trained for 2 years before taking his fat retirement 

So when Mr Kelsey tells us that it’s about keeping jobs some of us know that that is a bald-faced lie. 

 Some of us aren’t stupid.

Al Margulies Alyourpalster@gmail.com Sent from my iPad

The video version is HERE

No comments: