Trimess

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

CTRAN DIRECTOR SAYS TRIMET WILL ASSUME 100% OF THE COSTS OF LIGHT RAIL TO VANTUCKY

Donaghy indicated that there is no current contract, unsigned or otherwise, that stipulates TriMet will be responsible for the operation and finances of the light rail extension into Vancouver. But, he was very clear in his stance that C-TRAN will not be responsible for the light rail element of the project. 


“I’m not stupid, but I am a business man,’’ he said. “I have a business guy come in and say ‘I’m going to put up a shop. I’ve set up 30 of them and all of them have lost money, but I think I’m going to break even on this one.’ That’s the dialogue I’ve heard. I believe that’s what they’re saying.’

“In a Board Meeting shortly after my arrival, I was asked about the agreement between TriMet and C-TRAN during the original CRC project,’’ Donaghy told Clark County Today. “I have been clear that conditions of the project, and the intended outcomes have changed significantly since the first iteration of this project – and C-TRAN considers this agreement non-enforceable and void. 

No comments: