Trimess

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Been screwed by REED GROUP?

Not to long ago I asked for FEMLA leave and was denied.
I was 5 hours short apparently.
I said the hell with it and took care of the problem myself.
I find out today that I could have been granted leave under OFLA, the Oregon Family Leave Act, which has a lower threshold for qualification.

The UNETHICAL REED GROUP, did not bother to mention that OFLA was an option.

That is who Trimet has hired to take care of this important part of our work lives.

TAKE NOTICE, IF YOU ARE DENIED FEMLA,MAKE SURE YOU APPLY UNDER OFLA, REED GROUP WILL NOT BOTHER TO TELL YOU ABOUT IT!

POLICIES AND PROCEDURES

The Oregon Family Leave Act ( OFLA ) and

TRIMET flow chart and info

6 comments:

Jeff Welch said...

King County plays similar games. Part timers looking to go full time are penalized by assignment of 3 points per sick leave day taken after the first 4 in a 12 month period - including sick leave used to care for a sick child or family member. Problem: this is in violation of the Washinton Family Care Act, which specifically prohibits any negative retaliation or discrimination against any employee who takes authorized sick leave for this purpose. It's also a violation of our contract.

Local 587 when made aware of this policy's illegal nature did nothing preferring not to make waves with management. I met privately with the manager of human resources for King County DOT to make them aware of the illegal policy and practice. The written policy will be changed before the next full-time hire.

Many employees throughout our systems get screwed over simply because they don't know what their rights are - and our unions refuse to be aware of them, acknowledge them, or fight for them either.

Al M said...

There is a serious problem with our unions for sure.

Cwherewetku said...

Het Al-

You once posted a "video" of a bunch of dots, or pulses, running around on a TriMet "map" of portland. The tempo increased as the day went on.

I have it somewhere but cant find it. Can you repost?

Thanks

Al M said...

cwhere-
Ya I recall that post, wen I get time I'll see if I can dig it up.

Jason McHuff said...

Do you mean this video?

Unknown said...

YES!!!

Thank you for finding it! I recently saw an Occupational Therapist and I was trying to explain this to him, but he didn't quite grasp it. Wanted to send it to him.

Many thanks!