Trimess

Saturday, August 20, 2022

Kayla Watt

 



So I went off the deep end when I realized my Reed group request was going to be denied… I ran through years in my brain, what stood out most prominent were the humans that I love, consistently showing up, everyday, for the people in a city I love. For me. My pack. 

The most consistent love I’ve ever received from all humans, came from you. Crabby ass bus drivers you practically raised me- I’m heartbroken and devastated over this reality and I’m trying to figure out how to be ME without YOU. 

Without my passengers, station agents, managers, spotters, mechanics and csr reps. I’ve fought long and hard to be part of something that wasn’t made for people like me (on the spectrum), never knowing the proper way of being or doing anything set me aside from the rest, and while it made my experiences that much sweeter, it also put a timeline on my career here at Trimet(I never figured out how to save my job).

Not intentional of course, I promise I have been given every grace possible and my heart swells at the thought of my higher ups who stood by me at my darkest of days to speak on my behalf for the love that I hold in my heart for the people that I have moved alongside my brothers and sisters in blue for 9 years. 

I thought losing my 14 year relationship would kill me, I thought my son going off the deep end would kill me, I thought I would give up when I had to start over with nothing, but I kept on. I’m still cruising. 

Anything and everything I’ve ever clung to in this life has a tendency to slip away at my lowest point, I remind myself that I have and always will find a way to identify myself once again as someone who survives. I don’t need a title, or a space, or anyone to keep going. I won’t stop. I can’t. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt. This is going to be one of the hardest goodbyes I’ve ever made. I’ve loved this city, I’ve loved my brothers and sisters in blue and in white. We are woven of the same clothe. You will see me again. I love you all so much. -kkw

No comments: